Sunday, November 28, 2010

Hoarding!!

I'm putting up more Christmas things and watching (listening & peeking) to Buried Alive: Hoarding. Am I a hoarder?? I've actually decided to get rid of some of my Christmas decorations. They're old, really old, and I haven't used them for a number of years. I cleaned out the storage part of my entertainment center yesterday and found tons of cassette tapes and some VHS tapes (some not even used) and they're all going. I better get some boxes from work and get this stuff out of here. I think I'll save the Christmas cassettes to take to work and play there. I still have a tape player at work!!! Is this progress?

Actually I feel kinda good about doing some of the cleaning out and rearranging. Probably should have done some of this before, but you do what you do when you have the time. I want my place Christmas ready by this coming weekend. I don't have anything special planned or anything, I just want everything to look nice, keep it that way and be able to work on some projects that I have waiting for me. I always feel like I should have everything cleaned up before I work on my pet projects. My thinking on that should probably change too!

I haven't watched the news or weather since my Thanksgiving break began. I better pay attention tonight as I'll know what to wear to work tomorrow. I have to do fingerprinting tomorrow at our Maquoketa Head Start Center. That should take care of my morning. Thursday I have a Planners Meeting in Des Moines. I was hoping to be able to stay down there for the weekend but my boss is out of the office until Friday and we have a board packet to get out. Guess I'll have to spend a different weekend with my kiddos!!

It's also time to collect everything I've bought and do some wrapping and then figure out what I have to buy yet. After all I still have over 25 days until the holiday!! I love Christmas. It's my favorite time of the year. I just wished I was a better organized person. There's probably still hope!!

Enough for today. When I started this blog I had read something about a blog being where you should put down your thoughts, etc. so that you remember what you did when. Guess I've kinda gotten away from that, but I'm going to start doing more of it in the coming year.

No comments: