Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Busy week

It's been a busy week here in Dubuque. And a rainy one! I know we need the rain but it can quit for a little bit. Hope the weekend is nice. Doesn't have to be in the 70's, just a nice warm weekend.

We have a board of directors meeting tomorrow night and the state commission of community action agencies is meeting at our place on Friday. We've been busy all week cleaning! Threw out some old furniture, got some new/used furniture, have been doing a lot of dusting, mopping, and just plain putting things away and straightening up.

The meeting will be from 8:30 a.m. to noon on Friday. My boss decided that for the break they have secheduled we should offer them food. Guess who's in charge of that??? You got it! ME! Decided to serve donut holes, bagels and cream cheese and a fruit tray (strawberries, melons, grapes, pineapple). Going to also have apple juice, orange juice and cranberry cocktail for drinks. I also have rounded up some plates, cups, napkins, silverware and the appropriate containers for all the food and drink. I'm going to make up the trays myself as it's much cheaper. That way I'll have some strawberries leftover to eat for myself!!! Always thinking, you know. I must remember to stop at Staples tomorrow morning and pick up name badge holders. We've been requested by the boss to wear our ID badges and a number of employees have commented that they broke their badge or have lost it. Tomorrow and Friday morning could be busy!! At the present time I plan on taking the afternoon off!!!

I don't have anything special planned for the weekend but the usual cleaning and I'm sure I'll take the time to do some scrapbooking! I'm working on the early years of my children right now. Wanna see a couple pictures of them? Aren't they the cutest kids you've ever seen? Barbie was a year and Jim was 7 months old.

These are two of my favorite pictures of the kids. A copy of Barb's hung at the photographer for quite some time. I think he was pleased with how it turned out too!

Need to thank Mandy again for the help in figuring out how to post my older pictures. I had to change them into a jpeg or they wouldn't scan. She's helped me so much with this little project. Thanks again Mandy!

I'm hoping my children are able to get home one of these weekends. Have a job for Barbie. My spare bedroom needs a change. She's already given me a new quilt and sheets for the bed, but now I need to get out and find some window toppers, a bedside table and another piece of furniture to hold my TV in here. And if she's really ambitious she can help me re-arrange the furniture that I already have in here. She'll read this and decide she's never coming home!!!

Enjoy your weekend!




No comments: