Thursday, May 04, 2006

Expensive Tuesday

Tuesday must not be my day! I can, however, report that it is an expensive day! This past Tuesday I had to go to traffic court. Let me explain . . . about a month and a half ago I passed a stopped school bus at a stop sign -- I thought the bus was stopping at the stop sign (that's what you do isn't it? stop at a stop sign). Well, it was, but it was also leaving a child off. It's a rotten corner and at an odd angle. Like I told the police officer that came to the door, I honestly didn't realize the lights were flashing until I had committed myself to making the turn. By that time I had cars coming toward me as well as a bunch behind me. The bus driver apparently got my license plate and turned it in. Having never gone to court before it was a new experience. The officer told me I should write down everything I had told him when he gave me the ticket and tell the judge the same. Well, lucky me, I was the first called (there was a group of us in the courtroom). I did tell the judge that, he agreed with me that it was a bad corner and then said the fine is $162.00!!!! Can you afford to pay the full amount today? That was my day in court. The officer told me he felt that I would get charged court costs only but the judge didn't see it that way. There ends my sad but true story of an expensive Tuesday!

To make matters worse my Wednesday wasn't wonderful either! I have no clue what I did but sometime within the morning hours at work I disabled my printer from my computer. No matter what we did we couldn't bring it back. I finally gave up and went home for lunch with a promise from Ron that Ken would be there later in the afternoon to take care of it. When I came back from lunch Ken was there. He tried a lot of things too, called Chuck to consult on a few things and finally gave me the verdict. The best thing to do was to take the hard drive with him, create ghost files, blow everything away on my hard drive and rebuild it. That's what he did! It works! I had Wednesday off and when I got back into the office this morning my machine was there and ready to work! I lost some of my favorite screensavers, etc., but they can be replaced so I'm back in business.

Maybe both days were a bit expensive . . . one cost me personally, the other cost the agency the time for the computer geek to fix my problem!!! Thanks Ken!!


No comments: