Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Memorial Day Weekend

Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend. Mine was very quiet so therefore I don't have much to report.

I went to the cemetery where my folks are buried on Friday afternoon. It was a beautiful day and up on the hill was very pretty! Lots of flowers and boxes on the graves. My parents certainly decided on a peaceful setting to leave their remains.

Did some exploring on my trip north. Noticed a sign for a bed & breakfast & bridle so stopped in and got some information. Basically all they gave me was a brochure with a website address on it, but I checked out the website and wouldn't mind spending a night or two at their place. The house overlooks the Mississippi and has a fantastic view! Dream on!

Took a quick tour of Paradise Valley (a camp ground) and also stopped off at Pike's Peak. I haven't been up there since high school (or shortly thereafter). I was wishing I had brought my camera along and took some pictures but guess the Mississippi will be there the next time through. It certainly was a beautiful view.

Stopped off at the boat for a hour or two. Actually won a little money for once.

Saturday, Sunday and Monday I basically spent at home. I got a lot of cleaning done and made a couple decisions about my living arrangements. I've decided to stay where I'm at for the time being. If the landlady is going to paint my place now . . . I haven't a clue. She's upping the rent so think she can also do the painting. I'd even be willing to do the painting but she'll have to provide the paint and pay me for the labor. I have a couple of friends that said they would help paint and my sister and daughter (I think) will also help. Actually we might have a good time doing it! I just hate the thought of moving all that furniture!!! Think maybe it's time for me to seriously look for another place on the ground floor. But I'm so particular as to where I live and what the place has. I definitely have to have a garage! I would also like a place with a washer/dryer or a hook-up for one. Best get the papers and start looking. Driving around town doesn't hurt either! Another adventure begins . . . .

I didn't realize how long I made this until I just checked back on it. Sorry about that. Hope I haven't bored you all to tears!

Talked to Barb on Saturday and she told me that Mandy's grandmother had a very serious operation last week. Mandy, I hope all is well with her. She's in my prayers.

Talk at all of you later . . . .



No comments: