Sunday, May 21, 2006

COLORADO!



Isn't it beautiful? I love mountains, lakes, waterfalls so it's a good thing I'm heading to Colorado for my vacation this year. This is Bear Lake located in Rocky Mountain National Park, Colorado. That's Twin Sisters in the background. It's an absolutely beautiful area to visit. The colors are much brighter when you're there but you get the picture from this one! We spent some time at this lake when we were there in 2000. It was my first vacation . . . ever in my life and I enjoyed it tremendously!!! I took many pictures of mountains, lakes, waterfalls, wildlife, etc., and am hoping to take some of the same in July when we go out there, but also include a lot more pictures of people.

I spent today (Sunday) with my sister, my girlfriend, Marilyn and her friend Darlene doing some planning for our trip in July. If all goes well we plan on leaving on Friday, June 30 for our week's stay in Estes Park, Colorado. My sister has been back to this particular place many times so had lots of things to share with us about places to go and things to do.

One of the places we'll definitely go to is the Alpine Center, top of the mountain. This is a shot we took as we were going back down the mountain! Believe there are a lot of steps getting and going back down!! Had it not been for my daughter I doubt that I would have made it up there back in 2000 and doubt that I'll attempt to do it this time around. I know I definitely want to travel on the Falls River Road and stop at the Alpine Center but don't think this old body can make it to the top 'one more time!'

My daughter and her girlfriend will be at the cabin in Estes Park the first week in June. She promised to check out a couple of places that we've talked about going to. We'll get all the latest news from them when they get back. I'm really getting excited about going. I know we'll have a great time.

I looked at a different apartment this morning. One of the downstairs ones is coming open in July and I mentioned to Kathy (the gal who's moving out) that I might be interested. My landlady called Saturday night and asked me to look at it and make a decision before she puts up any sign for rent. It's basically like the one I'm in (much cleaner walls, etc.). The kitchen is smaller and you come into the apartment through the kitchen. The living room has a different set-up with a huge storage closet off of it. It doesn't have the coat closet in the kitchen like I have here and does not have a linen closet in the hallway. I have mini-blinds on all the windows here and would definitely like that again along with the vertical blinds on the patio door. The patio would be nice as it's shaded. I could actually grow flowers and probably get a firepit for the patio itself. It's something to think about. At least that's where I'm at right now. Rent is going up. If I move I'll have to paint the walls, and if I stay the walls and ceilings need to be done here. My landlady will provide the paint and we haven't talked about the labor costs yet. I'll let you all know when I make the decision.

I spent some of the weekend scrapbooking. I'm slowly but surely getting there with my children's pictures from birth to 5 years old. I keep thinking about all the possibilities of the Colorado trip. We talked about going into Denver, Colorado Springs and Black Hawk. The last time my sister was out they explored outside of the park and into Golden to the brewery. There's also a brewery in Estes Park that has great pizza to go with the beer! That's one place on the schedule we plan on going!! LIke I said -- I'm starting to get excited about it.

I have a grant due June 2nd. Definitely have to be working on that this week. We have a Poverty Simulation for the Western Dubuque teaching staff on Friday and a long weekend. Guess I better get that grant done this week, if possible. My monthly agency newsletter is due as is the employee one this week. I think I'll keep busy!! The agency newsletter is just about finished. I brought it home with me and worked on it over the weekend. Have some final touches to do and then it's ready to be printed. The fun begins after that when we put it together. We have a folding machine, but you fold each sheet separately and then have to compile the whole thing and get it on it's way! Glad I don't have to do the whole thing by myself!

Well, I have laundry to fold before I call it a day so best get at it. Hope you all had a good weekend. I'm looking forward to Memorial Day and the long weekend. Nothing special planned just some extra time to do things here at home.

Have a great one!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are looking forward to vacation. It should be very fun. You and your sister always seem to have a good time. Glad I won't be there to be embarrassed of you two.