Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Rain, rain go away!

Rain, rain go away! Remember that one? It rained here all weekend. Not constantly, but enough to make it icky outside. It wasn't the best weekend in the world. From what the weatherman said on the news this morning it sounds like it will keep on until Friday. Maybe the sun will peek through once in a while each day!

I had a very quiet weekend. I lived through the community action commission being at work. Went in early on Friday and got my fruit trays, juices and bagels all set up before any of them got there. I had a lot of help cleaning up after everyone left. I'm still eating strawberries! I bought some for myself when I bought for the agency last week. They sure taste good!! Left work around noon on Friday and had a nice long weekend.

It was Mother's Day (not a very sunny one). Barbie sent me flowers at work. What a sweetie! Those came home with me on Friday. They are now sitting on top of my china hutch in the living room. Don't know how long they'll last but for right now they look pretty good yet! Both of my children were busy for the weekend, but both managed to call home and give some warm greetings. Thanks guys!

I did my usual scrapbooking. I actually got a lot done not only on my scrapbooking but a lot of cleaning too. Since Mandy has taught me how to upload my photos correctly I couldn't resist putting this one in with Jim, Mike and Nick. Boy, did you guys ever grow up!! But they sure were cute little buggers!!!

In my cleaning I also found a bunch of old pictures that were my Mom's. What a kick going through them. Some of them I already have but the majority of them were 'new' to me. A lot of my baby pictures. Share them at a later date!!

I guess I shouldn't complain about the rain when I see what's happening on the East Coast. I'll take my hilltops and the good old Mississippi River any day. All kinds of festivials begin this weekend in Dubuque. There's always something going on in this town if you just go out and look for it. Lots of food at all of them.

The clock says it's 7:15 a.m. and have to grab something for breakfast before I take off for work. Gotta put gas in the car this morning so should probably get going!

Have a good week!

No comments: