Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday nights!

Today turned out to be very nice. A little on the cold side but nice, fresh air. I work in a building with no windows and of late, it's been very stuffy. It feels so good when you come outdoors and can take a nice deep breath of fresh, clean air. The majority of the snow is gone already. I did drive in a snow shower tonight but doubt that anything stuck to the ground.

Went out for supper with a friend. We drove up north to Elkader and went to Johnson's for supper. It's a small place with a great salad bar. Tonight they had a fish buffet as well. It was very good. I'm learning to appreciate shrimp. Tonight's was very good. Maybe the cocktail sauce had something to do with it. When my Mom was alive we used to go there quite often. The building has changed some but the salad bar is the same as is the food. The one thing I remember always being on the salad bar is wedges of swiss cheese -- it's still there! If you're ever in that part of the state check the place out. Like I said, the food is great!

Winter just doesn't want to let go. I hope it's halfway decent tomorrow as I would like to open some windows and get some fresh air in my place. Cleaning bedrooms is on the agenda for the morning. I need to do some major dusting and vaccuming. I'm planning on washing curtains, dresser scarves, bed ruffles, etc. Hope my ambition doesn't run out before the work does!!

Have a good weekend!

No comments: