Thursday, March 23, 2006

Spring???


I thought spring was here! We have snow on the ground . . . . again! The streets and highways are wet and I didn't find any slippery spots but yes, it's snowing!! I could have swore the weatherman said in the high 40's tomorrow. One good thing about March snow -- it disappears fast! And it is kinda pretty. Have to remember to take my camera with me in the morning and catch a couple pictures of the trees in back of the building. They always look so pretty after a snow dusting!!

Went out for tacos tonight. I'm not a real big fan of Mexican food but do like hard-shelled tacos, with a mild sauce. There's a place in Platteville that has taco night on Thursday. As many as you can eat for 50 cent a piece! I had two of them this evening. They really tasted good. I know Jim and Mandy make taco salad all the time. I guess I'll have to try and make tacos here some evening!

I heard Duke got beat tonight in their game. Bet that really loused up some basketball pools. How are you all doing? I did so bad the first round I didn't even keep track after that. I really thought that Iowa would do better than they did. In fact, I still believe that if they had gotten by the first round they would have gone far! Oh well, maybe next year.

Glee and I and my friend Marilyn are planning a trip to Colorado this July. I'm starting to get excited about going. Haven't had a true vacation since 2000. We rented a cabin in Estes Park. It's a beautiful area and is right outside of one of the entrances to the park! Wonder how many pictures I can take this time??? I'm sure I"ll be sharing some of them with all of you later this fall.

I finished some more scrapbooking pages this morning. Couldn't sleep so got up and worked on a couple of pages. Going to have to get to Michael's one of these days soon and pick up some more page protectors and albums. Plans are to work on some more this weekend.

You all stay warm and dry. Have a great weekend!

No comments: