Wednesday, April 26, 2006

All is well . . .


I received news from my son yesterday afternoon that his dad came through his operation "okay." My ex-husband had bypass surgery on Tuesday morning. I waited around all morning waiting to hear from my children, and Jim called me around 2:30 p.m. to let me know that all went well. Thank God for that. I said a few prayers that all would be okay. I can still remember when my mother had bypass surgery and how long the time was waiting to be sure that all was okay. It makes for a long morning/afternoon! Now we have to pray for a good recovery and that all will be smooth sailing in the future. Say a couple prayers for him. Not being married to him anymore doesn't mean I don't care. I'm so glad my children were able to be with him and his wife during this time. Sounds like my son and his girlfriend will be able to spend some time with them this weekend too. They have a wedding they're attending on Saturday in the area.

Today is Administrative Professionals Day. I'm taking 3 of our gals to lunch. It's a luncheon sponosred by a number of groups here in Dubuque with a speaker. Her name is Pat McGill and she is fabulous! I've heard her a number of times and would love to get her to come to our annual fall agency in-service. Maybe I'll get a chance to talk to her today after the presentation. Hopefully the girls are looking forward to it. There was a time when we were able to let them have the afternoon off as part of the day but haven't been able to do that as of late. I'm sure we'll all enjoy ourselves anyway.

I have meetings in Des Moines tomorrow. Actually we're meeting in Urbandale. Means a very early morning for me to get on the road by 6:00 a.m. If all goes well I can stop some place for breakfast and a little break before getting started on my day! I'm looking forward to a long weekend as I will probably take part of Friday afternoon off and head home. if I take off early I can get an early start on some weekend cleaning. Sounds like rain so . . . a great weekend to curl up with a couple of books, movies or just do some scrapbooking! Or we could go out for supper Saturday night! Whatever, it's the weekend!!!

We're working on plans for our vacation. Four of us are going to Colorado for a week in Estes Park. That's such a beautiful part of the country. I love the mountains. The color of the sky is so beautiful and the mountains are so BIG! I was out there in 2000 and have been wanting to go back for some time so now I have the chance. Think of all the pictures I can take and all the scrapbooking I can do. The shops in Estes Park are great too. Been putting money away for the occasion and starting to get excited about going!

I read back on some of my writings and wonder if anyone even reads it. It makes for a good way to keep track of what I've been doing. Read in one of my scrapbook magazines that a blog is a good way to keep track of what you've done and come back to for reference when scrapbooking. Have to remember that. Except I haven't done anything that I took pictures of since I start this. Or much of anything else that is exciting! Duh!!!

No comments: