Sunday, April 09, 2006

A beautiful weekend!

What a beautiful day! The sun was shining, it was warm and the grass is getting greener and greener every day!

I had a friend contact me and tell me she couldn't read my blog very good because of the color I chose so here goes a different color. Hope it's more readable this way.

I survived the presentation I had to give on Friday to a group of union counselors for a state-wide conference held in Dubuque. Actually they were all nice people. I was only a bit nervous. I guess I should try and do more public speaking and then maybe the jitters wouldn't bother me so much.

Barb came through town on Friday and we had lunch together. We had a nice leisurely lunch together at the Grand Harbor. Food was pretty good and lots of it! She was on her way to Galena (Eagle Ridge) for her annual get together with her grad school friends! They ended up having a nice weekend for their visit. Friday was extremely windy and cold, so anything would have been an improvement.

I actually got quite a bit done this weekend. I did a lot of washing and the usual dusting and vacuuming. I've been also spending some time with my scrapbooking. I got some page protectors so was able to put a bunch of pictures into the proper books. I'm working on birthdays right now. It's a wonderful hobby, but can get expensive if you decide to try and copy some of the pages seen in scrapbooking magazines! I have enough money invested in what I have and I think I make most of my pages look pretty good.

Did my Iowa taxes this evening. I should have done them right after I got my W2's as I get a refund but I always seem to wait until the last minute with a lot of things. Federal will definitely wait until next weekend as I have to pay! Not a lot, but a check does have to be included in the return! Darn!

Sounds like nice weather coming up. The robins are out and about and singing. Spring must really be here! No more snow!!! Except in pictures for scrapbooking.

My sister sent a darling picture of their new puppy (Bill) to me today. What a cute dog! He looks like he's ready to run right off the picture and have fun. Can't wait to see him in person.

Well, it's time to put some food in my tummy. I'm hungry. Sloppy joe sounds good so I best get at making up a batch. I'll have enough for the majority of my lunches for the week. We have Friday off as a holiday so I'm looking forward to a long weekend of being lazy. Barb and I are getting together on Saturday and doing some shopping and hopefully finding a place to have a nice meal. I'm meeting her in Williamsburg on Saturday morning. Should be a nice day together!

You all have a great week. Catch you later . . . .

No comments: