Thursday, April 06, 2006

The Lion King!

Awesome! Fantastic! Wonderful! Those are just a few words to describe "The Lion King." What a fantastic show! When we got to the theater last night they told us we would have to use an alternative door to get to our seats (which were fantastic also -- the gal told us there was an elephanet in the doorway we were to go through! And there was!!! The opening of the show has animals coming up on the stage from all over the audience. We happened to be in a row where they came within 4 people from us. It was great! We were in the middle section of the theater and row 11! Like I said they were great seats!

I drove to Des Moines yesterday afternoon. Left work around 12:30 and packed a bag quick and was on my way!! It was a beautiful day for driving also. Beautiful and breezy. Can't say the same for coming home. It was windy, cloudly, rainy and foggy! But it was warm out. Sounds like stormy weather for tonight.

I got to Barb's just as she was getting home from work. I followed her right into her driveway. We changed clothes and went to Chips to get a table for our group. Chips is a very nice restaurant in Ankeny. Katie and Mary, Jim and Mandy and Nickii met us there. Nickii is a friend of Barb and Katie's and had supper with us and met her husband at the theater. Jim and Mandy were able to join us for supper and will be attending the performance on Saturday night.

Mandy had some great news to share. She's been accepted into grad school at ISU for this coming fall. She'll be in the journalism and communication program. We're so proud of her!! I feel another graduation party coming up. . .couple years down the road!!! Way to go Mandy!

The show was fabulous! Beautiful colors, wonderful music and of course the story is great also. I watched the cartoon just last weekend. Jim told us not to tell him the ending since he was going Saturday night! Crazy kid!!!

Barb had copies of graduation pictures (Jim's) and Christmas(2005). I stopped at Michael's this afternoon and picked up some page protectors. I have a number of sets of pictures completed but ran out of protectors. I can spend alot of time and alot of money at that store. Also made a stop at Hartig's (a local drugstore)and had some prints made of a bunch of pictures in my camera. Ohyeah--we had Mandy take a picture of Barb, Jim and myself. Barb said she didn't have any of just the 3 of us so it was perfect timing for that. The picture turned out quite well. Barb will get me a copy as soon as she develops hers. I'll share it with all of you then.

Weekend coming. Do you have any specia lplans? Barb and her grad school friends are over in Galena for the weekend so she's hoping to stop here Friday on her way over. I have to make a presentation to a group on Friday afternoon and hopefully can work out the times so that we can have lunch together. I've been trying to get a hold of the gentleman to get a time pinned down. It's here in town, but any time between 1:00 and 3:00 p.m. I really would like a definite time . . . left messages and phone numbers all over the place so hope to hear from him soon. If I don't hear before morning I guess Barb and I will have to figure out another way to get to each other. She always has her cell phone with her so we can probably make something work

Making plans for Easter. Mandy and Jim are going to her family but I think Barb and I are going to try and get together on Saturday and do some shopping and have a nice meal together. I have a food giveaway scheduled but I'm sure they can get along without me. Guess we'll see, won't we???

My kitchen is calling . . . the dishes need to be taken out of the dishwasher and more put in it. I best go answer the call.

You all have a great weekend! Congrats again Mandy!


No comments: