Monday, April 03, 2006

The weekend


I survived the 'medical' week. Not without some scars but I did survive. The dentist was a little more expensive than I anticipated but that's what insurance and flex spending accounts are for. The swelling and soreness in my mouth are much better and I can now eat on the right side of my jaw again!!

My medical appointment went well. My diabetes numbers are all fine. Now my blood pressure could use a little help so I am now on some blood pressure medication. Hey, if it helps I'll take it! A little less stress in my life was also suggested. I asked the doctor if he would like my job?? I didn't get a taker on that one. I lost 6 more pounds since I was last checked so am doing well in that department. One of these days I'll have to go out and buy some new clothes. A trip to Des Moines and Jordon Creek sounds like a plan!!

I am going to Des Moines -- Wednesday evening. Barb and I have tickets to see "The Lion King," I'm really looking forward to going. I hear it's great. I'll let you all know what I thought of it later in the week. It's my early Mother's Day gift. What a thoughtful daughter! Thanks Barbie! I love you. Included in the evening is a supper invitation. Sounds like my son Jim will be able to join us for that too. Great! I love spending time with my kids. We're going to the performance with Katie and Mary (Katie is a friend of Barb's and Mary is her mother). Sounds like a fun evening! Unfortunately I have to come back Thursday and work!! Poor me!

I had a quiet weekend. We had a lot of rain. No storms! Just some good rain showers! A few thunder boomers once in a while but all-in-all pretty quiet. We need the rain. Gotta help those flowers

Did some spring cleaning type stuff. Took the weatherization off my windows so I can get some fresh air into my place. Jim put some of that silicon weatherization stuff on the windows last fall. It's really slick. You just use a caulk gun and away you go. Comes off great too. Just peel it away from the window and pull! Lot less work than the plastic and you can see out the windows all winter. Defnitely using that again next fall. Thanks Bun for all the help.

Were you all surprised at the outcomes of the basketball games? George Mason just didn't have enough to make it to the big, big show! Should be a good game this evening. Who's your favorite? Did you have a good pool or give up like I did after the second round?

I did my usual scrapbooking over the weekend. Was going to put a couple pictures in of my children when they were younger but can't find the one I want for today so will do that at a later date. I think it's time to go scrapbook shopping. I need some more stickers to round out my supply. I've learned to buy seasonal stickers during the season. Don't work on Christmas in July as you won't find a big variety to chose from in the stores. I have a tendency to 'stock up' on that type of thing. One of these days Barb will get home and help me organize my spare bedroom. She's pretty good at stuff like that.

Here's hoping for sunshine for the majority of our week. I could use a good dose of sunshine! The grass is getting green and the trees outside of my bedroom window are starting to bud. Sunny weather ahead!!

You all have a great week!


No comments: