Sunday, April 23, 2006

Just Visiting!

What a beautiful weekend! No rain . . . looks like the old adage about raining on Easter Sunday will not be true this year. Today was great. Nice breeze, sunshine, just right in temperature!

Nothing too exciting happening in my life of late. I guess I need to go out there and do something in order for something exciting to happen.

I received a call from my daughter earlier in the week with some upseting news. Her dad (my ex) is having some heart problems. He's scheduled for bypass surgery on Tuesday of this next week. My thoughts and prayers are with him during this time. I hope that all goes well for him. He's always been a fairly healthy person so this came as quite a surprise to me. When I had my surgery last year I didn't have time to think about it as it was an emergency. I remember the day I spent in the hospital before the surgery (at least most of it as I was sedated quite heavily) but can't imagine knowing that you have one coming up. I'd have worried myself to death!! Say a pray or two for him that all goes well.

The kids will be coming in on Monday night to stay with Harry and Linda and then staying over on Tuesday night to make sure that all goes well. Jim is due back here for the weekend as he has a wedding to attend. Hopefully by the weekend Harry will be home and the visit from his son and girlfriend will be welcomed. I'm looking forward to having them here for the weekend.

My sister came for a visit today. It's always fun having her around. We didn't do anything exciting. She wanted to do a little shopping, and as usual, I'm the one that bought the most stuff. The westend of town is growing by leaps and bounds so we headed out that way. Made a stop at Kohl's, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Dress Barn and Michael's. I had a gift card from Bed, Bath & Beyond so used that today. I also had a gift card at Michael's so picked up some stickers I've been looking for and another companion book of scrapbook paper. Glee did buy a couple of things at JoAnn's. She's into quilts! Can't wait to see what this one looks like when it's done. I love the colors she put together for it! Quilting is something I've always thought I wanted to do but have never gotten around to it. I have a couple of books laying around here that have some beautiful patterns in them. Told Glee today I don't think I even remember how to thread a bobbin in my sewing machine anymore. I used to sew alot but haven't done anything of much lately except maybe fix clothing! Might be time to look into a different machine! One of those small compact jobs!!

We spent some time looking at old pictures. I have some of our children in a park in Guttenburg, but for the life of me can't remember why we were there! She can't either but our kids were certainly little at the time! We think Beth was about 2 so it's been a few years. It's always fun looking through old pictures and remembering!! My hope is to have the first 5 years of my two kids lives finished by Christmas for one of their gifts! Last year I did a wedding album for my niece and also one for her mother. They both seemed to like that idea. I certainly had a great time putting it together. Although I must admit that when I was finished with both of their books I put the wedding pictures, stickers, paper, etc. away as I was tired of weddings. It's about time to get them out again and put a book together for myself and my children!! If you've never done scrapbooking and have lots of pictures laying around -- try it! It's a great hobby.

Sounds like the week ahead will be busy. I have a meeting on Monday night, the kids will be in and out on Tuesday and Wednesday. I don't know if I'll get a chance to see them but I'm sure they'll let me know how everything goes for Harry. Wednesday is Professional Assistants day and I'm taking some of the girls from work out for lunch. We're going to a luncheon with a speaker. Her topic is "Have a Seat!" I've heard this woman before and enjoy her very much. Hope they all do. Thursday I'm on my way to Des Moines for a Planners Meeting. By Friday I'll be ready for a short work week and a long weekend. I'll probably go into work until noon on Friday and then split and start my weekend early. Have nothing special planned but if the kids are here for part of it that'll keep me busy! Have to get my cleaning done. Wouldn't want to embarrass my son!!

The clock says it's after midnight so I best think about going to bed. Hope you all have a great week. Keep in touch!!

No comments: